Back in 2014, we shared a little bit of info about the Bantu App. Created by John Eke and Meron Berhe, Bantu helps users find and rate hair stylists who specialize in black hair, in their area. This app is definitely a good option for black women who live outside of major metro areas.
Since then, Bantu has gotten quite a few updates, including a more user friendly interface, and more categories to search from, such as price and services offered.
Bantu lets you:
– Search for hairstylists based on price, proximity, rating and desired hairstyle
– View profile bios and photos of hair stylists work
– Contact the hair stylists directly
– Leave a review for a hair stylist
– View hair stylists in other cities
Bantu is free, and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or later. Bantu works in Canada, USA, UK & France. The Android app is currently under development.
For more information, and to download, head over to BantuApp.com.